1. Document Title:
This document shall be called the “Central Jersey Tri Club – Code of Conduct”
2. Purpose of this document:
The purpose of this document is to set established guidelines for acceptable member behavior and conduct both in person and in online forums such as social media, Facebook, email, mobile and text messaging. In the circumstances when any of these guidelines may be broken or any action by a member or members is found to be unacceptable or in violation of these guidelines, the Central Jersey Tri Club Board reserves the right to impose disciplinary action on the member or members for such conduct.
3. Effective and Retroactive Implementation:
- This document will be retroactive to all previous and past members. Any past misconduct infractions will be held accountable to these guidelines regardless of the date of occurrence.
- This document will be effective for all current and future club members for the foreseeable future from the date the Central Jersey Tri Club Board enacts this document.
- This document will also be effective to all members regardless if they directly or indirectly purchased the club membership, the membership was gifted to the member or purchased by another person in their place.
4. Member Responsibility:
By accepting a membership to the Central Jersey Tri Club, the member agrees that they are a representative of the club to other members, non-members, the triathlon community and the general public. In this capacity, the member’s actions while either intentional or unintentional can reflect negatively on other individual members and the organization as a whole. It is their responsibility to conduct themselves in a way which exemplifies and promotes the club, the sport, the community and themselves in a positive manner. The Central Jersey Tri Club Board asks all members to adhere to the Central Jersey Tri Club – Code Of Conduct to make this club a positive and leading example in the community in which we race, train and live to help promote the sport of triathlon to the people in the community and general public.
5. Zero Tolerance Policy:
The Central Jersey Tri Club Board maintains and promotes a zero tolerance policy with regards to any type of discrimination, harassment, bullying and abuse. Any infractions of this portion of the Central Jersey Tri Club – Code of Conduct will not be tolerated.
Any type of discrimination directed towards any member or non-member which may be defined as racial, religious, ethnic, gender identity, sexual or any other category as defined by Local, State or Federal Law will not be tolerated. Any violations of this guideline will result in a permanent and immediate revocation of club membership.
- Verbal, Emotional, Physical Harassment and Abuse:
Any type of harassment or abuse which may be defined but not limited to verbal, emotional or physical harassment or abuse directed toward any member or non-member will not be tolerated. Any violations of this guideline will result in a permanent and immediate revocation of club membership.
Any conduct in using the internet, cell phones or other devices to post in online forums, social media, email, text messaging that is directed toward a member or non-member which could be defined as discrimination, harassment or abuse will be subject to the Central Jersey Tri Club – Code of Conduct. Any violations of this guideline will result in a permanent and immediate revocation of club membership.
6. General Member Conduct:
As a member you will…
- Represent the club in a positive manner.
- Show dignity, truthfulness, respectfulness and honesty toward your fellow members and the general public
- Refrain from the use of cursing, swearing or foul language
- Refrain from disruptive conduct in online forums and at club events and activities
- Conduct yourself in a safe and professional manner so as not to put yourself and others at risk of injury
- Follow best cycling etiquette and rules of the road when on group bike rides
- Follow best swim lane etiquette while using community and private pools
- Be respectful of personal property and equipment
7. Sportsmanlike Conduct and Fair Competition
As a member you will…
- Conduct yourself in a sportsmanlike manner and in the spirit of fair play and competition.
- Treat fellow competitors, officials, volunteers, race directors, event staff and spectators with the utmost respect and dignity.
- Not argue with or confront race officials regarding an event rule violation or infraction.
- Support and encourage your fellow members and competitors.
- Refrain from participating in any conduct which could be construed as providing an unfair advantage to another competitor.
- Refrain from any conduct that may be construed as interfering or obstructing another competitor.
- To the best of your ability adhere to and follow all rules that apply to the particular event up to include but not limited to the USA Triathlon rulebook and the World Triathlon Corp Ironman Rule Book.
8. Performance Enhancing Substances:
All members agree to and to the best of their ability refrain from using any substances as found listed on the USADA and/or WADA list of banned substances. Any violations of this guideline may result in disciplinary action consisting of anything from a verbal warning up to and including a permanent and immediate revocation of club membership.
9. All Other Actions:
The Central Jersey Tri Club board reserves the right to determine any action or potential action not listed and in the spirit of this document as a violation of the Central Jersey Tri Club – Code of Conduct. Any violations of this guideline or the spirit of this guideline may result in disciplinary action consisting anything from a verbal warning up to and including a permanent and immediate revocation of club membership.
10. Outcome of Disciplinary Action:
In the case where a member is found in violation of Central Jersey Tri Club – Code Of Conduct and has had his membership revoked, all membership fees paid by the member are considered forfeited and non-refundable.
All decisions by the Central Jersey Tri Club board are final and not subject to arbitration or review.